Timbre of a TimeFree Mind

Kevin and Darren live in Portland Oregon and are a gay, committed couple. We believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all...regardless of sexual orientation, gender, race, nationality, financial status, and being. Erase man-made borders and "they" become "we". New Site: HERE.

Sunday, August 15

 

The Assumption of the Virgin Mary

Darren and I attended Mass at St. Andrews today. It was a Feast Day and our Parish allowed a woman to read the gospel. I believe that this break in protocol was appropriate...although I could sense that some in the church were "uncomfortable". I have been fascinated with the Catholic church since a very young age and I am honored that Darren has joined me on this journey. I have vacillated between complete atheism and blind faith....These days I find myself in a comforting place of love, compassion and comprehension.

[via William Webster: http://www.christiantruth.com/assumption.html]

The Roman Catholic doctrine of the assumption of Mary teaches that she was assumed body and soul into heaven either without dying or shortly after death. This extraordinary claim was only officially declared to be a dogma of Roman Catholic faith in 1950, though it had been believed by many for hundreds of years.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?