Timbre of a TimeFree Mind

Kevin and Darren live in Portland Oregon and are a gay, committed couple. We believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all...regardless of sexual orientation, gender, race, nationality, financial status, and being. Erase man-made borders and "they" become "we". New Site: HERE.

Tuesday, August 17

 

BANDIT


Who assigned you this task, Mr. Big Boy, Shaky Legs, Bony Old Fur Bag, to bark me from bed with your booming voice at 3 a.m. in the middle of winter? You're off down the hall with your shuffling gait, trailing tufts of white hair that float up like milkweed. I stumble after, yawning and cursing, eyes out of focus, a catch in my knee- I'm not such a puppy myself now, you know. Grumbling slave to your impatient bladder, I clutch at my robe against what is coming and roll aside the patio door. Together we lurch out over the sill, smack into the cold and the crystalline dark and oh my god the stars!
© Rivage 2002

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?