Timbre of a TimeFree Mind

Kevin and Darren live in Portland Oregon and are a gay, committed couple. We believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all...regardless of sexual orientation, gender, race, nationality, financial status, and being. Erase man-made borders and "they" become "we". New Site: HERE.

Friday, September 10

 

Change

It caught me by surprise. I turned around and there she was, arms wide open and coming directly towards me. We weren't that far apart but it seemed like she was coming toward me for a long time. It was one of those moments when time is meaningless and and what is about to happen is going to be very meaningful.

This was one of those instances. "I am so happy for you, Kevin....I can see you are very happy." "Of course I am, Mom" I answered nervously....But she continued, "I can see you are indeed very content and happy, I am so happy for you." It was during this time that we connected and I got one of those hugs that you can only get from your mother. The type that reminds me of just how beautiful our relationship was when I was her little boy and she was my world. "Thank you mom, I am happy." I tried to hide the watering in my eyes....I'm not sure I was successful.

Not very long ago I wasn't sure I would ever be happy again...But it has been revealed to me that time does heal. It may take years, but it does eventually heal. I never thought that I would be standing in a living room, in a different house, with a new life, a new hug from my mom. I did not think that I would have a life again...Certainly not one that I could enjoy.

A hug in a living room of a house that has become my home has helped me to see exactly how life can change. It reminded me that things always change...I won't ever feel the same way forever. That is the beauty of life. Change. A hug from a very important person on an ordinary day helped to define that for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?