Timbre of a TimeFree Mind

Kevin and Darren live in Portland Oregon and are a gay, committed couple. We believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all...regardless of sexual orientation, gender, race, nationality, financial status, and being. Erase man-made borders and "they" become "we". New Site: HERE.

Thursday, March 17

 

school daze


G
oing back to school has been quite a trip. Some things have changed dramatically and others haven't at all. I guess you could call me "old school" but i did had an initial problem with a certain person plopping down on the first day of class with a full taco-bell meal, then proceeding to eat. Once this person started, she looked up and around and said, "At least i was here on time!" The teacher then told us all that eating wasn't a problem. I thought "Thank God for civility all around...(and that I kept my mouth shut.....a first). The instructor politely let her off the hook because this woman was trying to eat and run to class between her 40/hr a week job, and 3 kids. Most folks at class are running from there to here and back. I have only met one student living with his parents, without a job and he feels weird about it.

I have managed to maintain a 4.0 and that has surprised me.... Someone at work exclaimed "Oh, I thought you were going back to college..." when I told her that I had enrolled at PCC (Portland Community College). Well, as far as I can tell this is college because I have had to work my fanny off. So far I've completed Basic Design in black and white (Art), beginning Dreamweaver (Web page design wizard thingee), Oregon Geography (more intense than it sounds) and Art History (Etruscan through the Gothic period...ya better be ready to read, A LOT). At the end of this month, I begin another Art History (Renaissance to Baroque) and Microsoft Access 2003.

I am determined to complete this re-introductory phase of school and to move on to Portland State, Marylhurst, or the University of Portland but good ole PCC will always be a fond re-entry school for me. I've enjoyed the other students and the instructors very much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?